I should have known those last words of my last post would come back to haunt me. "Things can't get any worse, can they?"Um, yep, they sure can!
It seems I have Ross River Virus. So, I've had a week of night sweats & fevers, with an ongoing headache for 6 days, a weekend of bed rest and then yesterday came the onset of sore muscle joints. And I don't just mean sore, as in a bit achy, I mean sore, as I can hardly walk due to my sore knees & ankles and sore in that I just cannot move my extremely painful wrists! Ouchies!
So back to the doctor this morning, and although they are waiting the "absolute" confirmation from blood test results, it seems the likely outcome is Ross River Fever. My friend Mr Google assisted me in looking further into this, and yep, I am pretty much sure it's what I have. There's nothing that can be done about it, I just have to let it run it's course, except for taking pain relief for the sore joints. And it's not contagious to anyone else, and I contracted it from mozzie bites. Whether here or in Bali, the doctor couldn't really say, but I doubt it'd be from Bali as that was too long ago.
Unfortunately, in some cases, people suffer with RRV symptoms for up to 6 months! Holy shitballs, I will be pissed off if I feel lethargic & crap for another 6 months, but I will just take it one day at a time!
So, it's also weigh in Wednesday today, and I was stoked to be weighing in at 100.2kgs. Actually, that's a lie. I weighed in at 100.2kgs on Monday, so I was really hoping to be in double digits by today. I'm a bit disappointed the scales hadn't moved in a couple of days, but I had a great loss of 4.2kgs this week, so I'm over the moon about that. I know this week IS IT! This week is the week where I will be a 90s girl. And I must tell you, the thought of it makes my heart race. It's a strange feeling to describe, but I just don't know myself as anything other than this hugely overweight person weighing triple figures. I look into the mirror & I just can't fathom that I have lost 25.6kgs in the last 26 weeks. So strange! I am really missing my exercise though - I managed a bike ride last Wednesday, a walk Thursday & a walk Friday, but had to pull out of our garage session Saturday morning due to feeling sick, and haven't been able to exercise since. And all I want to do is GET MOVING again. I know this sickness is going to hinder my ability to smash it this round, and it's so disappointing. Bum shit bugger crap!!
We did celebrate a birthday this week (although I celebrated it from bed). Aidan turned 4! Can't believe my baby is growing up so fast, and yep, it's making me feel old. I did indulge in a little slice of cake with some icecream, but hey, it's my baby's birthday after all!
So, onwards & downwards, and I did find out that Ross River is in Queensland!!!

>
Hope you feel better soon Julie, Ross River is such a bummer. Well done on 4.2kgs this week, amazing loss. Very exciting to be in double digits next week. All the best for getting better.
ReplyDeleteCheers Julie
Oh you poor thing! That sounds awful! I really hope you feel better soon, I can imagine how frustrating it would be. Hang in there. And congrats on 4.2!! That is an awesome effort! Bring on the 90's! :) xx
ReplyDeleteMaybe you might not be able to smash the round but slowly chip away instead. Looking forward to reading your post about hitting your 90's
ReplyDelete