 |
| Sharing a special moment with the love of my life. |
Wow, what a blast we had in Sydney. It all started off a bit nerve wracking with being late to the airport on Friday morning, so a quick dash across the car park at Avalon Airport with a couple of minutes spare to check in!!! A rainy day in Sydney, but was a nice one with an unexpected lunch catchup with an old friend, and then the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb. To say I was shitting myself about the climb is an understatement! Greg & I had a conversation about the bridge climb approximately 4 years ago, and I remember saying to him how the climb was on my bucket list. I recall his words so clearly "You'll never be able to do it with your ankle". I resigned myself to the fact it was something I would just never be able to do! I am so glad I proved myself wrong!
 |
| Jen, Greg & I |
The view at the top of the bridge is breathtaking, and the sense of achievement and exhilaration you feel is just amazing. You do literally feel like you are "on top of the world". So glad to have shared the experience with my wonderful husband, and my best friend Jenny, who conquered her fear of heights!
 |
| The 12wbt Vic Crew |
Saturday morning was the 12wbt workout and it seemed the Gods shined down on us with the clouds parting just as the workout was to begin. Unfortunately my friggin ankle was aching from the bridge climb and all the walking around Sydney the previous day, so the workout was less than enjoyable for me. However, the most enjoyable part of the event for me was meeting all the 12wbters that I only know from the Facebook groups & forums. It was brilliant to give lots of virtual friends a squeeze and put a face to a name.
 |
| Greg & the drag queen on the way to the party |
I decided to lash out & have my hair & makeup professionally done for the finale party, and all I can say is - what a disappointment!!! I thought I looked like a drag queen, and as for my hair, I could have done it sooo much better myself. So disappointing, and I'm glad I'd had a few wines beforehand or I think I would have had a complete break down before the party. Note to self - Do your own hair & makeup from now on!!!!!
 |
| Love ya Megs xxx |
The party was held at Fox Studios, and we arrived to meet a "virtual" friend of mine Megan. She's a part of a small group of girls who originally met through the Weight Watchers Forums many years ago, and we formed our own "secret" Facebook group. We chat daily and I feel like these girls are some of my very best friends - they know things about me I wouldn't dare tell anyone else!!! I've met most of the girls, but Megs was one I hadn't yet, so to be able to actually SEE her in the flesh and squeeze her, and spend the night talking & drinking with her was just amazing - more amazing than actually being at the Finale party! You're one special lady Megs x
 |
| Dayna, Greg, myself & Bec |
It was a great to see Mish & have a photo with her & also to see some of the inspiring weightloss girls & boys up on stage. We partied the night away & had a blast!!!
Unfortunately Sunday welcomed Greg & I with some sore heads, and after a lovely ferry ride to Manly, fish and chips on the beach was called for, as were some beers in the sun back in the Sydney CBD, and a kebab for dinner at the airport on the way home. Did someone say the last hurrah before the beginning of Round 4!?!?
 |
| The beautiful Kate (aka Coco Girl) |
No comments:
Post a Comment