Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The End of 12wbt Round 3

So, it's now the last week of the 12wbt Round 3.  I can't stop feeling that I've wasted this round, but I really have to try & remember how far I've come.  With all the events we've had on during the last 12 weeks, I need to appreciate my hard work & realise I could have gained many, many kilos (which is what I would have done in the past), but instead I kept battling on & lost over 5kgs, and 32.5cms from all over my body.  It's not a huge amount in comparison to the 17.7kgs I lost in the first round, but it still goes to the overall total.  And it's not just about the numbers - it's about the education I am getting that is setting me (and my family) up for a lifetime of activity & good health.

We took our final "after" photos in our underwear today.  I was disappointed to not really see a difference this round, but my photo today is a huge change to my starting photo in June.  I'm not yet brave enough to post those photos on this blog or share them on the 12wbt site with others. I look forward to the day when I can see myself in undies & bra & not be ashamed of what I see.  On that day, I will post ALL my before & after photos, as I will be proud of how far I've come.  I admire those that are able to post all their photos on the 12wbt forums - good on them!!!  I'll get there one day, as I plan on NEVER returning to that woman I was back in June this year.

Most of us in the family have been hit by a throat infection these last few days.  The little two have been lucky to escape it (so far), but it's knocked both Greg & I for a six.  I've decided I am going to take it easy on this last week of 12wbt.  I'm not going to be strict with my calories or my exercise, and I'm going to use it as a restful prelude to smashing out the next round, which starts on Monday.  I'm going to go hard, and really push myself out of my comfort zone.  I've been taking a few days in reading preseason tasks, and setting goals (as per my last post) & re-examining my commitments.  There are going to be NO EXCUSES in the next round.  Christmas & New Year, as well as a 3 week holiday are not going to derail me.  Nothing is going to stop me.

This Friday sees us flying out again to attend the 12wbt finale, which is this time in Sydney.  Friday we are doing the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb.  It's something I've looked at in the past & thought I would never be able to do because of my ankle.  But with my improved fitness, I'm going to conquer it.    I'm extremely nervous about the fact we will be so high up, and apparently it's a bit nerve wracking being able to see the cars driving underneath you, but I will conquer my fears & I cannot wait to get to the top.  I'm actually really looking forward to it.

Saturday morning we have the 12wbt workout, and it will be great to hopefully meet up with others we met for the first time in Perth, and then some others we've only "met" online in Facebook support groups or in the 12wbt forums.  It'll be great to put a name to a face.  It's also a fancy dress workout, so it should be a hilarious day.

Saturday night is the big 12wbt finale party.  I'm having second thoughts about a dress I have on lay-by to wear, so I'm a bit panicked that I may have to go shopping again within the next day or so to find something more suitable.  I also need to do all the girly things like waxing, dying hair, pedicure and manicure.  It will also be less stressful at the party because Greg won't be on stage like the last round.

So a huge weekend ahead before the start of Round 4.  Exciting times ahead, and I can't wait to smash it out of the ballpark!

2 comments:

  1. JuLie you have had such a similar journey as me (apart from the ankle!). I had a great Round 2 but Round 3 although I've lost what I've lost, I have slowed right down. I don't know why, I dont feel like I've done any different. Maybe our bodies are taking a breather and re-adjusting in our skin? Who knows. I'm ready for Round 4 and really want to go streaks forward and set myself up for a future life of health and fitness. I know you will do this too, you have that driving passion for this.

    You'll love the Bridge Climb, I did it on our honeymoon, and am doing it again Sunday late twilight so I get to see Sydney lit up. A fitting way to end my weekend in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:00 pm

    Well done Julie. It is so true, you have lost and not gained so it is never a waste. I myself was hoping for more of a loss this round and going to do the next round as well and taking it easier this week to get back on track next week. Good on you for great losses you have had.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete