Thursday, February 16, 2012

Devastated By a Little Loss......

Weigh in this morning & I had a 200gm loss.  Absolutely devastated... How on earth does 200gms reflect my efforts this week?   I've tracked every morsel that has entered my mouth, I have drank all the water I could possibly fit in, and I have exercised like a machine every single day!!!  Twice this week I didn't have time to exercise during the day, so I got on the xtrainer at 10.45pm at night!!!!  I just don't understand it.  The ONLY explanations I can think of are - 1. I drank triple the amount of water yesterday than I usually drink, so perhaps I am retaining some of that today; 2. perhaps my body is adjusting to the amount of exercise I am throwing at it; 3. perhaps it is residual fluid left over from TTOM that finished a day ago.  God, I just don't know.  SOOOOOOOO disappointed.
Anyway, will continue on with my efforts.  I'm working a lot at the moment, and although I enjoy work, I am not enjoying the stress that it is putting on my home life, especially with all the kids after school activities.

And only 8 sleeps to go until I catch up with a group of girls that I have been "chatting" to on the WW site for about 5 years now.  We are all like the best of friends, which is so strange considering we have never met each other!  We are coming together in Melbourne from near & far - one is even flying in from New Zealand!  We've been through so much together - the births of our babies together, deaths & sicknesses in the family, the trials of raising our kids, and of course, the daily struggles with our weight.  Very exciting to spend a whole weekend with these beautiful women!  Bring it on!!!

Hubby yesterday bought himself a lovely new bike, and he has registered to do the "Ride to Conquer Cancer" with me in October.  To do the ride, we have to raise $2500 each in donations to support Peter Mac, which is a hospital that specialises ONLY in cancer research & treatment.  It also happens to be the hospital where my Dad is being treated.   However, I am finding it so extremely hard to raise donations for this.  I have to raise $2500, and to date, I have raised $60.  I always donate at least $50 to causes like this when my friends ask me to, so I am at a loss why no one wants to donate.  I'll be shattered if I don't raise the necessary funds & can't go on the ride!!

If you would like to make a donation to this truly amazing hospital...







Onwards & downwards....

No comments:

Post a Comment