Monday, July 24, 2006

Broken Ankle Update

I had my update with the Surgeon last Friday in regards to my broken ankle. It has been a year since the surgery to fix the ankle now (car accident was 13th July 2005) and I had a CT scan a couple of weeks ago to see how it is mending. Anyway, to cut a very long story short, the surgeon is happy with how the ankle is healing. I had a very serious break of my tibial plafond (the bottom of my tibia) as well as my fibula, and it looks that the tibia bone breaks are nearly completely healed. They don't want to remove any plates as yet, because if the break didn't hold it would result in a mess to try and mend in my ankle. The surgeon urged me to continue losing weight as he explained it is an impact of 6 times my actual weight on my ankle every time I walk. He wants me to continue with the physio twice weekly and in the pool as much as possible. I was so happy that I don't have to have surgery yet!!
On the other hand, I had a period of a few days there where I felt I was losing my way on WW. I just felt like this since hubby returned home, as I struggled with him being a bad influence on me, especially when it came to alcohol. Why I am not strong enough to say no when he offers a drink, I don't know. And I always know when I have a wine or two, I need a snack to go along with it! However, I have finally encouraged him to get back into counting his points, so am back on track again (as is he)!!! YIPPEE!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jules,

    I've been reading your blog for a while & thought I would stop lurking!! Stay strong!! Everyone seems to be struggling with WW at the moment - I'm sure it's due to Winter!! hang in there - it will be so worth it in the end.. Cheers, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:17 pm

    Wow nasty break!

    The upside of being overweight is your bone density rules. Thats the only upside I have found besides the fact that if you are on a desert island you can live off your fat longer then lean people hahaha.

    Maybe you should get a double stroller for the dog and your kiddie? :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete