Monday, January 07, 2013

No Excuses!!!

Gym workout on a 40+ degree day = red face!
Day 6 of our caravan holiday to Cobram and it is bloody hot!! Most days have been in excess of 40 degrees Celsius! And Bushfire season has unfortunately hit Australia!!

My eating hasn't been on track although I've been trying to make an effort and we've been having a beer each day and a few wines each evening. However, I am so proud to say that I've made sure to exercise each day. The first day I didn't as it took me over 2 hours to unpack, make the 5 beds and tidy up. But each day since I've been out on the bike, worked out at the gym here at the caravan park or gone for a walk around the walking path around the caravan park. I've also been partaking in 3 challenges set on one of the 12wbt Facebook groups. One of the challenges is 1000 lunges per leg in the month, which equates to 33 lunges per leg per day. The other two are for Fab abs and Tuff Butts.

I've had lots of time while exercising to think of my goals for the year and targets I want to set. I'll post them another time when I'm not blogging from my phone (which is painful!). But this morning I was thinking about the shape of my body - the flabby skin, saggy boobs, big belly, etc. All this stuff came to mind as I had seen some before/during/after pictures on Facebook over the last day. Of course I m not making a comparison to others, but I just wonder when I will be able to see a difference in myself. Sure others see it and comment on it, but I just wonder when I will be able to acknowledged it!!!
THE photo that made me cringe!!!!

It seems whenever I think I'm starting to look good, I will see a photo of myself and I'll be crushed, such as this photo someone posted on FB last week (the one on the right with Greg & I exercising). It was a good wake up call to me!
Another week of holidays and keeping on track with the exercise. Can't wait to get home and be 100% back into 12wbt with measuring/weighing my food.
Onwards and downwards...






My first time on a rowing machine!


NO EXCUSES!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a long road to notice the difference in ourselves Julie.
    I can see it in before & afters that are placed together. Standing in front of a mirror naked or a random photo by itself I don't see the changes. G gets so frustrated some days with me for the body self loathing but it's hard. I guess we are always going to have a hang up over this or that it's really freeing our minds to look past it and appreciate what we have.

    ReplyDelete