Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Home Sweet Home, and Back to the Grindstone...


We took our scales away with us on holidays.  I weighed in a day late as I forgot on the Wednesday & had been for a walk & consumed two bottles of water by the time I weighed myself.  I was happy with a loss of 300gms, weighing in at 104.4kgs, considering I hadn't been watching what I ate and had been drinking each day.  The difference to this holiday being that I kept up with the exercising!The caravan park is now equipped with an awesome new gym.  It has a xtrainer, rowing machine, 2 treadmills, 2 spin bikes, free weights & a weight machine/contraption that I couldn't work out how to use.  Oh, and a lovely view of the pool!  My only disappointment was that I really wanted to get to the gym with Greg at some point so we could exercise together, but it just never worked out for us.  


The caravan park also has a 1.5km walking track around it, so it was great to get up early some mornings & do a few laps to get my exercise out the way.  The sunrises were spectacular as well!


The last few days of being on holidays I didn't exercise.  I spent hours packing & cleaning up on our second last day, and was just too exhausted to bother.  I would have burnt in excess of 1000 calories for sure with not sitting down for hours on end!  Yesterday we packed & left for home, and then I headed straight to the dentist to have a tooth pulled out.  Feeling sore & sorry for myself today, but relieved it is out after a couple of weeks of painful tooth aches.

So, weigh in Wednesday is here yet again, and I can't believe it but I lost 300gms this week!  I have NEVER EVER lost weight after returning from a holiday, so to say I am over the moon would be an understatement.  I now need to keep the ball rolling, as I only have 3 weeks to lose 4.2kgs, so that I can be in bloody double digits by the finale party in Brisbane.  Will I ever get there!?!?!?!  I'm bloody well going to try!!!

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have set myself some goals for this year.  Small goals, and big goals, and I am sure they will have to be reassessed week by week, round by round, but here they are:-

Weight Goals for 2013:-
  • Double digits by the end of this round - under 100kgs by 10th Feb 2013
  • To lose 15kgs by the end of Round 1 - Weighing 85kg by 5th May 2013
  • To lose 10kgs by the end of Round 2 - Weighing 75kg by 28th July 2013
  • To lose 10kgs by the end of Round 3 - Weighing 65kg by 20th October 2013
  • To maintain goal weight by Christmas 2013
Fitness Goals:-
  • To exercise a minimum of 6 times a week
  • To start weight training & improve my strength
  • To be able to run 1km without stopping
  • To be able to do a push up on my toes
  • To be able to do a full sit up
  • To do a decent bike ride at least once a week, and with that...
  • To complete the Ride to Conquer Cancer in October easily
12wbt Goals:-
  • To stay off the booze during the rounds, except for extra special occasions & finale weekends.
  • To track my calorie intake
  • Support Greg in his journey & welcome his support to me
  • Water, water, water, must drink water!!!!
  • To listen to the 12wbt videos each week & make time to read the forums & snip tips

So there we have it.  I need to sit down & revisit all these goals from time to time to make sure I stay on track.

Seriously, how good does Michelle Bridges look in this photo!?!?!  I'm going to print it out & stick it on my fridge for inspiration!!

Onwards & downwards.....


1 comment:

  1. Fantastic goals Julie. I just know with your determination you will succeed. And way to go for losing weight on your hols! Bonus.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete