Thinking of Kate's pictures, I asked myself this morning "How much do you want it?". How much do I want to be in double digits for the Finale party in Brisbane. How much do I want to shed this weight & be fit & strong & lean & healthy? How much do I want to look good and feel good? I know I can push myself harder. I know that I am just coasting along with it.
Yesterday I didn't exercise. I had planned to, but it ended up getting to late into the evening & I chose grocery shopping childfree rather than exercising. Sure enough, we are allowed a rest day a week, but still I was disappointed in myself. I can't guarantee that it won't happen again, but I'm going to bloody well try not to get so lazy about exercise. I got up this morning & smashed out 593cals on the xtrainer & doing the January challenges and I feel so fantastic for it!
Yesterday's weigh in saw a loss of 1.1kgs. I'm now 103kgs, and it is a BIG ask trying to make my goal of under 100kgs in 2 weeks but I am going to push it. I CAN do it if I put my mind to it!!! I am still indecisive about whether Accelerator day is any good on a Monday or Tuesday, or whether it serves any purpose at all. Will keep with it on Mondays & see how the next 2 weeks go. I can say that no having any carbs for a day is SHIT!!!
Oh, and of course I have the Pinky Tri coming up this Sunday. GOD HELP ME! I feel sick just thinking about it. I sold my bike last night (as I want to upgrade), so that poses a little problem of what I will be riding. AND I've just roped my two older kids into doing the kids triathlon as well. Makes for a much more exciting day now!!!
Onwards & downwards..

>
You will be fine on Sunday. I am so proud of you how you have decided to push yourself out of your comfort zone and do something you wuld never have dreamt of. You will do great and we will all be there cheering you on from the sidelines. You will have completed one more triathlon that a great deal of others whom aren't willing to step outside their comfort zone, remember that.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the tri on Sunday, the pool can be a bit scary with so many people, iended up just doing breaststroke instead. As Dora says, just keep swimming, you will be fine on the bike, and a casual joffle will be fine for the run leg. Hope the kids enjoy it too!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the tri on Sunday, the pool can be a bit scary with so many people, iended up just doing breaststroke instead. As Dora says, just keep swimming, you will be fine on the bike, and a casual joffle will be fine for the run leg. Hope the kids enjoy it too!
ReplyDeleteJules I have no doubt that you can reach Double Digits. You achieve great things when you are focused :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to cheer you on at Pink Tri, you are going to be amazing. This is a huge thing outside all of our comfort zones which I think will be your catalyst for success to double digits by 8th Feb... If you can Tri you can do anything!!!!!
My lovely Jules ---- I read this the other morning (I tend to read your blog posts in bed -- lol I'm subscribed and the emails from your blog tend to come in overnight so when I check my emails I'm in bed....lol anyway --- so I read this in bed and meant to comment earlier.
ReplyDeleteFirstly thank you so much for your beautiful words above. I am really touched that you wrote that and your lovely comments on my photos also. I am so proud of you for this post - and the thought you had around how much you want this. It's funny you say that as thats something I looked at a few weeks ago. I was struggling a bit and someone sent me this Winnie the Pooh quote that changed me. In essence it said "You must want to fly so much."
Ever since then I've been doing things in a different mindset. There's so many distractions we face - some are really difficult ones that we can't change. But I read this and thought I do want all this other stuff (the distractions) but - I want to lose the weight even more. So each time I contend with being able to go 2 ways, I've been choosing the better weight loss option because I realised that eg. I may really want bacon chips, but I want to lose weight more. Not saying you want bacon chips at all lol! I do!!! I am addicted ;) But thats just a personal example. Just an idea anyway - each time you're faced with something, whether it's serious or as frivilous as my bacon chips, maybe think of that quote and it may help?
I have no doubt you will be in double digits by finale. Because I want to be too. Hey -- realistically we may not get there --- but lets give it our best shot. Whatever we are, I want to have a photo with you on the night --- with us knowing we gave 99kg our best shot. Let's do it.
And that triathlon you did this morning? Thats a whole other set of congratulations. I think you're more amazing than you give yourself credit for :) Keep going - you've got this xx