Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'm Baaaccckkk!! Christmas, Wine & Weaning...

Wow, can't believe how quickly 4 weeks have passed since my last weigh in at WW & my last blog posting! So much has happened! Where do I begin?
Firstly, went straight into holiday mode once I realised I wouldn't be venturing to WW until after Christmas! Did someone say wine? chocolate? ice cream? chips? Well, truthfully, I wasn't all that bad, but I didn't count my points or watch what I ate, and exercise, well, that went out the window! It was just too busy in the build up to Christmas!
Paige turned 8 a couple of days before Christmas, and we celebrated with a family dinner out at a gourmet pizza restaurant (her choice!). Then Christmas was upon us, and we had a brilliant Christmas eve with my side of the family. A huge dinner at my parents house, just around the corner (walking distance home after many wines!). Christmas Day was at my in laws in Geelong. And then Boxing Day we headed away to our van in Cobram for 9 nights. Was a lovely time, although the mosquitoes were unbelievable!!! Hubby had to work, so wasn't there the whole time which I found to be a bit of a challenge from time to time, but luckily my parents were there in their caravan nearby.
Anyway, lots of wine consumed, and too many nibblies. Mainly potato chips being my downfall. The kids don't often have them at home, so it's seen as a treat when we are away.
Tried weaning Aidan when we got to Cobram. Told him he couldn't have "boobies" when we were there. Worked for a couple of days, but the screaming at 5am, 6am & 7am wasn't enjoyable for the patrons of a caravan park (or our family!), so back on the boob he went. However, when we got home, it was all over - no boobies at home I told him, and it has now been 8 days since he has had a breastfeed! What a big boy! He moped for a few days, constantly asked for boobies & to go back to the caravan for boobies, but I was strong & didn't give in. Have been asked by many if I am feeling sad, but to tell the truth, I am only a little bit. I was really over it, and not enjoying it. He's such a cuddler, so it's still nice that he wants to cuddle me all the time, which is just the emotional attachment I think he needs.
Anyway, in a little bit of pain with extremely full breasts of milk. Have just expressed a little for the first time in the shower tonight as it was uncomfortable. Seems to be the worst after I drink a lot of water on the xtrainer at night. They are so full & really heavy, so I am guessing it will contribute to any weight gain I have at weigh in tomorrow!
Really struggled to get back into it when I returned to Cobram. Was still in holiday mode, and enjoying my nightly wine & snacking with hubby. Had a big drink up on Sunday night, which I think helped things "click" in my head, and have been back on the wagon since Monday, with daily exercise of 60+ minutes on the xtrainer.
First weigh in back at Weight Watchers tomorrow morning, and I am expecting about a 2kg gain. I think at least a kilo of this must be due to these enormous full boobs, but the rest is from the last 4 weeks of being off track.
We have 9 weeks til we go on holiday to Club Med in Bali. Cannot wait, but disappointed that we didn't book it later in the year when I had lost more weight. Going to really try & get down to at least 95kgs by then. A big ask, but as always, I like setting goals that are hard for me to achieve, it gives me more drive!
Will report in tomorrow with details of my gain. Will not be happy if it is a lot more than 2kgs!!
Onwards & downwards.....

1 comment:

  1. Try frozen cabbage leaves for the engorgement 8 days and still engorged is a while ....can get tabs from dr to dry milk up

    Proud of you

    ReplyDelete