Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Decent Loss

Loss of 1.1kgs for me today. Was a quite a surprise that I lost so much, as I wasn't expecting it after my blowouts, especially the one yesterday. I only have 500gms to lose now to get back to my pre Christmas weight. Was hoping to get there this week, but will definitely get there next week, and then will aim for the next goal of "30kgs lost", and then that extremely ellusive goal (the one I have been dreaming about for so long!) of getting into double digits under 100kgs! I want to be there before we leave for Bali in 6 weeks time!!!!
Could not put into words my disappointment with myself this morning when I woke up. I had busted my arse all week on the xtrainer, and then to stuff all my efforts up the day before weigh in is just ridiculous! I just cannot think of a reasonable explanation for it, other than I am just too weak when it comes to wine. So I must stay away from it - just stick to planned days when I know I am going to drink, and not be tempted at any other time. Geeze, I sound like a right alcoholic, but it is not the alcohol that is the problem, it's the snacking I do when I drink - almost like a dope smoker who gets the munchies - I get the uncontrollable munchies when I drink!
Anyway, we are planning a big night on Saturday night. It's a friend's 40th Birthday & he has decided go to a bar in the city, so we are having dinner there & staying on for a band later on. My parents are minding our kids, so we are planning a nice grown up night out! Really looking forward to it, and will make sure I have all my weekly stash + extra exercise points to cover the drinking on that night!
Will get some updated photos done this week also for my blog. Need a progress shot taken to see the difference. We were looking at our last overseas holiday photos yesterday, and I was astonished at the size of myself. My daughter announced "Mum, look how fat you are in those pictures! Gee you've lost a lot of weight". Was nice to hear!
Onwards & downwards......

1 comment:

  1. Great loss ....would love to see some of those fat photos and some now photos will look forward to that

    Maybe don't have any wine till your holiday

    I don't drink alcohol but do know it does relax you and maybe with you a bit too much that you relax on the eating front too........I know that is how it is with chocolate for me....

    Started eating choc again this week as I was so exhausted from sick and Jj's growth spurt and this week I have totally lost the plot....can only put it down to choc ....will have a nice gain on Saturday so I feel your anger

    ReplyDelete