My hubby and I are fortunate to have a caravan and annexe on site at a caravan park in Ocean Grove, which we bought about 3 years ago. We spend a lot of time down there, especially over the summer months. The kids have a lot of friends in the park and they have an absolute ball there. They can safely ride their bikes, scooters, play ball games, etc etc whilst we, the parents, can all sit back and relax.
Unfortunately, this is where my biggest challenge lies!!
We haven't been to the van for a weekend since I started on WW, and we have just returned today from spending the weekend there. The weather was beautiful, and as I have been feeling so much better since being 15kg lighter and with my ankle improving, I was able to be more active with the kids. We all went for a walk to the park, and I was able to hit the tennis ball back and forth to my son, etc. However, somehow being at the van and relaxing makes hubby and I want to drink!
Soooooooo, that's exactly what we did. I drank 7 Pure Blonde (low carb) beers and 2 glasses of wine! I finally saw the light and stopped and had a hot chocolate, but by that time my points were blown out the window and I had eaten 2 Freddo Frogs. I was so disappointed in myself today, but got right back on track.
However, it has now dawned on me that this is always going to be a very hard challenge for me at the van. EVERY adult there sits around drinking during the summer months, and am I going to be able to resist the temptation? It is something I am really going to work hard on for the next four months before I spend 3 weeks down there after Christmas.

>
No comments:
Post a Comment