Monday, October 28, 2013

M.I.A.

It's been a while since my last post.  I have been MIA cause I just haven't had much to write about.  

So, my last post I mentioned we were driving to Sydney & back for Greg to ride in the Sydney Ride to Conquer Cancer.  The journey both to & from Sydney was long, but not too bad with the kids who were kept entertained with DVDs, and all their electronic gadgets.  The 4yo had many "Are we there yet?" moments, but nothing too unbearable.


It was wonderful to meet Greg's fellow group of riders, the Vision Crusaders - what a wonderful bunch of people this group is - all coming together to raise funds to find a cure for cancer.  I did feel sad as they all rode off on Day 1 that I wasn't riding with them, but leaving 4 kids locked in a hotel room for the weekend to fend for themselves wasn't an option!!!



We spent the Saturday at Taronga Zoo, and I caught up with one of my gorgeous Sydney girlfriends Megan & her 2 beautiful kids.  Absolutely lovely day.  That night the kids & I drove out to the camp ground of the RTCC to have dinner & spend some time with the Greg & the riders.  The next morning we made sure we were ready to snap the team coming over the finish line.


There's been a few hiccups with my new job - just trying to finalise dates of training and a start date with it, but thankfully that was all sorted.  We had a farewell cruise last weekend for my current department.  I can't believe that the end is nigh, and after 11 years I will be changing jobs.  It's been a bit of an emotional roller coaster, and with the last day coming up this Thursday, there are sure to be many tears shed!

Greg also was away in Perth last weekend for the Perth RTCC.  I am so proud of what he is doing.  I don't think anyone realises the impact that all these rides have on the families left back home - both emotionally and financially.  It's such a huge thing, but of course, I wouldn't change it for the world - after all we're making a difference with our fundraising for a cure to conquer cancer!

So, how's my 12wbt been going?  Well, it hasn't been "going".  I've just been in a funk.  And the funk has made me feel like shite, and then feeling like shite causes me to continue my funk.  It's a hole I haven't been able to claw my way out of.... yet.

So, here's a list of the things that I am struggling with:

1. I'm not eating breakfast (due number 5 on this list & not being hungry in the mornings)
2. I'm drinking too much coffee
3. I'm not exercising4. I am drinking wine too often5. I am night time snacking 6. Drinking makes me an insomniac so I am exhausted all day long
7. I am not drinking water
8. I am disgusted with myself, and self loathing is at an all time high

So, I've come up with a different list.  A list to help me claw my way out of the funk & get back on track.  And it starts today.

1. I will eat breakfast every single day
2. I will drink coffee only on the weekends, and herbal tea Monday to Friday
3. I will track my calories.  I absolutely hate MyFitnessPal as I find it so time consuming, so I will go back to manually tracking on a piece of paper (worked for me in the first round!)
4. I will drink water all day long
5. I will exercise 6 days a week
6. I will not snack in the evenings.  If I have calories left over I will have fruit or yoghurt only
7. Wine is for special occasions.  I will not use it as an excuse to "wind down" in the evenings
8. I will join the next round of 12wbt and I will bloody well follow it
9. I will attempt to stop feeling the disgust for myself I am currently battling with

So, there's my plan.  As I said in an earlier post, I'm taking it one day at a time until I'm out of this hole.  

Onwards & downwards.....

No comments:

Post a Comment