Friday, October 11, 2013

For F*ck's Sake Friday 11th October

Another week gone by & it's time to reflect on the FFS moments of the last 7 days....


Went for a ride with a group of women on Sunday from Werribee to Lara & back... No FFS

The wind was a mofo....... FFS

With 20km to go of the 70km ride, I started cramping in my calf muscles, then my thighs... FFS

Sunday's long ride
Made it another 15kms, but had to throw in the towel with 5kms to go, with cramping in both legs... FFS

I have a serious potty mouth when I am in pain....FFS

But did manage to get out on the bike on Monday without any cramping... No FFS

And crossed the line for my donations for my Adelaide Ride - whoo hoooo..... No FFS

Received news from a friend & fellow riding team mate that her mother died unexpectedly on Monday..... FFS

Heartbreaking & so very, very sad.... FFS

And then are blown away by another shock - the team captain of the Vision Crusaders is told he has leukaemia... FFS

It's why we ride to raise money for a cure.... No FFS

Monday's short ride
Make you realise that life is too short.... FFS

Only 3 weeks to go before being made redundant (8 more shifts) & applied for a job internally at work.... No FFS

Found out last night I was successful & got the job! WOOT! ..... No FFS

Feel like a load has been lifted from shoulders & I can start to breathe again.... No FFS

Greg has the Sydney Ride to Conquer Cancer this weekend.... No FFS

Will be an emotional event with the team captain in hospital receiving his chemo..... FFS

The kids & I are going with Greg to be the cheer squad.... No FFS

But we're driving from Melbourne to Sydney.... FFS

10 hours in the car with 4 kids - Lord help me!!! .... FFS

1 comment:

  1. Such highs and lows all in the same week. I'm so glad to hear you have more work, that's great. I'm enjoying the pics on fb from this weekend, brilliant.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete