Thursday, November 17, 2011

and So It Begins.... Again....

Returned to my Physio this morning after a long absence, and it has hit home how much I have neglected myself over the last 7 months.  My poor ankle was given a good workout (ouch) by him, and when I told him how I had gained weight after returning to work, his response was "after all your hard work!".  It really dawned on me how I have let things slide! 
And then it was back to my Weight Watchers meetings.  I was so embarrassed returning with my tail between my legs.  I wore my heaviest clothing & runners, as usually I weigh in wearing light clothes & slip on shoes!  Weigh in for me was 117.3kgs.  Ouch!  So, I will officially track my weight using the WW scales from now on, and not my home scales, where I weigh in naked first thing in the morning.
And so, I sit here typing this, having just hung up the phone from my Dad.  He has found out the results from his biopsy a couple of days ago, and the results are not good.  He has melanoma cancer, a very rare type, with not a very good outlook.  Devestating news, and my Mum is understandably beside herself.  I feel like vomiting, and crying & screaming, and feel useless.  And think I am being ridiculous sitting typing up a weightloss blog, when there are oh so many more important things that can be done.  And what the hell should I worry about weightloss for, when my Dad is up for the battle of his life right now, and that's a more important thing to worry about!
Anyway, lots to think about, lots to deal with, and need to take this one day at a time!
Let the battles begin....

1 comment:

  1. Oh Julie
    I am so sorry bout your dad.

    Why should you worry about weightloss?!
    Because you are worth it
    Because you do not want your children going thru the heart ache you are going thru (with your dad)
    before they are ready to deal with it ..

    You can do this ....
    It is the one thing in life you can control at the moment.

    Ok I need to go and read this comment for myself :-)

    email me ... kathie@tranquilityroad.com

    ReplyDelete