Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Saturday Afternoon Shopping Expedition

I went shopping for some clothes yesterday. Just felt I needed a few items, as I am currently living in trackies that are becoming to big for me. I find it hard to buy clothes in the warmer months, because the pants are all generally 3/4 length, and I need something a bit longer cause I don't want to show off my deformed ankle. I have not given a stuff about it in the past, but I just can't seem to ignore the glances from people at my ankles - one enormous deformed one, and the other normal!!
So, I dragged my daughter along with me, to my local TS Store (TS= Taking Shape for sizes 14+). Love this store, and have bought a lot from there, although they are extremely pricey! Grabbed about 14 items off the rack, all in size 24 or XL, which is my usual size. What a shock it was to me that I had to ask for smaller sizes, and then once those garments were tried on, I had to go even smaller! And in the pants, I had to go even smaller again!!! I have jumped 1-2 dress sizes in tops (damn these big boobs or I would be smaller!!) & 2-3 sizes in the pants! YAYYYYY!!! It just then dawned on me how far I have come! Honestly, nothing could give me greater motivation than seeing my reflection in that dressing room mirror in those smaller clothes!! And of course, I bought 5 items of clothing to reward myself for my hard work! I think I will be on a high from that moment for a few more days to come!
Cannot wait to go shopping again after losing another 20kgs! How exciting that will be!!!

1 comment:

  1. You dag you are so not a size 24.........so glad u were able to see that and grab some new clothes......I find TS pricey too. And a lot of other plus size shops

    ReplyDelete