Thursday, November 25, 2010

Major Stuff Up on ProPoints :(

Well, I discovered on Monday that I had been allocated too many bloody points on ProPoints. I was given an extra 14pts because I am still breastfeeding. When I weighed myself Monday morning on my home scales it was showing a 2kg gain! WTF?!?! Perplexed? YEP! I just didn't understand what was going on! Sure, I had a few wines on the weekend, but it was all accounted for in my exercise points & my extra weekly bonus points, so I was 100% sure I hadn't done anything wrong. Later that morning I checked the Weight Watchers site & noticed someone had posted some info about breastfeeding points. Apparently you get 14pts for fully breastfeeding, and only 7pts for part time breastfeeding, ie. feeding a child that is not fully breastfed! WELL, I adjusted my points to the correct amount for the week, and I then had a deficit of points! Soooooo not happy!!! However, I worked my arse off the next 2 days to try & set things right, and at weigh in today, I had a gain of 100gms. Better than the 2kgs from a few days ago, but still not happy considering I followed the plan!
Explained the situation to my WW leader Liz (she is just fantastic!), and she was unaware of the points situation (ie. 14pts Vs 7pts), so got out her literature, and sure enough, I was allocated the wrong points. Ho Hum!
Will ensure I follow the plan 100% this week to make up for this gain. Only a tiny gain, but still a hump in my road to get to that illusive Under 100kgs goal!
Must admit I am really feeling great about myself & liking what I see in the mirror! Although I am still enormous by my standards, I can REALLY notice the difference, and I find it just amazing to see my reflection shrinking in the mirror! My family & friends have been so wonderful with their encouragement - it's so lovely to have so much support!
Something I have been thinking a lot about lately is flabby skin. I have a friend who has lost over 40kgs with lapband surgery (and no exercise or eating properly), and she is looking at having surgery cause she has flabby skin all over. It is something I have been thinking about, and when I was 10kgs or so heavier, I did notice my thighs were becoming extremely flabby with loose skin as I lost weight. However, over the last few months, it has disappeared! It's just amazing, but obviously the hard work I am putting in on the xtrainer is toning up the flab! As I get smaller, I am going to start working on my tummy with sit ups or some sort of other ab exercise, and I have just started doing some light weights to tone up my "bingo wings" on my arms. When I reach goal weight I do plan on having a breast reduction & lift, and would say I would also need a tummy tuck, cause after 4 babies, I just don't see how I could ever achieve a flat tummy, even with exercise. However, we shall wait & see. I know I will get to goal, I'm just so impatient to get there!! The future is so exciting!
Will take some pics this week to show you how I am going!
Onwards & downwards......

No comments:

Post a Comment