Sunday, August 26, 2007

Why Oh Why Are the Weekends So Hard???

We have just come home from our weekend down the coast at our caravan in Ocean Grove. I really struggled with spending time at the van last year when I was on Weight Watchers. The whole mindset we have around being there is relaxing, drinking and eating!
The weather this weekend was absolutely gorgeous (so much so that I had to put sunscreen on the kids!), but I was just out of control!!! I had a McDonald's burger for lunch yesterday, helped myself to handfuls of the kids' corn chips yesterday & then had a couple of glasses of wine last night to wash it all down. Today I had a huge lunch (although not a bad one), and then helped myself to more chips!!! I am so frustrated & disappointed in myself. AND I also did absolutely no exercise!
At Christmas time I usually spend about 4-6 weeks down there with the kids during the school holidays, so I am really going to have to set myself some boundaries & rules, and find a meeting nearby that I can attend to keep myself in control!!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just hate the whole focus when you're in routine only to lose it in social situations? I'm the same! My advice would be to plan for it - allow yourself drinks but have water as every second drink. Allow your nibbles but plan them as healthy ones and be prepared! Even if you do that and only maintain you won't feel like you're going backwards. Hang in there, you'll find the answer to get the results you want.

    ReplyDelete