Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Time to Pull My Finger Out!!

It's been a hectic week & a half, which is why I haven't posted lately.  Since my last post, I had the best weekend meeting the WW girls.  We all just "clicked" straight away & spent a lovely weekend eating & drinking in the Melbourne CBD.  I am lucky to have met such wonderful women, who I count as some of my closest friends.  After all, they know so much about me after all these years!!  And what an effort some of them made to get here - from New Zealand, New South Wales, ACT, Queensland & around Victoria.  Amazing, and I am truly so lucky to have found these girls!!!
Anyway, Febfast is now over, although I did drink on the Saturday night of the catchup.  I didn't do Febfast as a fundraising drive like last year, just for myself really.  I am putting all my fundraising efforts into the Cancer ride.  We had an orientation session for the ride last week, and it has made me so excited about it.  I've so far raised over $700!!  Only $1800 to go.  I'm still amazed at what tight arses some people can be.  It's for a fantastic cause AND it's a tax deductible donation!  What the hell is wrong with people!?!?  I look at the people I work with, who buy takeaway once or twice a day, not to mention takeaway coffees, and they can't spare $10-$20?? I just don't get it!  I must admit, it does make me furious, as I ALWAYS donate when friends ask me to.
So, the week after the girls' weekend, I failed to track.  I failed to exercise.  I failed to drink water.  And I had a loss of 200gms at last week's weigh in.
This week, I have failed to track.  I have failed to exercise.  And I have failed to drink water.  I've just felt terrible the last week - exhausted (working too much!!!) and run down & generally unhappy.  My oldest & youngest boys have come down with the virus that is going around - headaches & fevers, and today I have woken up with it as well, and as an added bonus, TTOM arrived to boot!  Joy!  The only good thing is I have no appetite!!!
Anyway, as the title of this post reads, it's time to pull my finger out.  200gm losses each week for the last month is just ridiculous.  I need to get serious.  So, as soon as I feel well again, it's back to tracking 100% of the time, and back to the xtrainer/bike riding, cause before I know it October will be here with my Bali trip & then the 200km bike ride, and I need to shed this weight before both of those occasions!

Onwards & downwards....

1 comment:

  1. ok tomorrow you start tracking even if your food isnt right or right amounts get back in the habit...the exercise I will let you off with the water you will drink lol

    Ok hard hat off
    caring hat on.

    You poor thing you sound just terrible.... I hope the virus passes quickly
    Lots of soups and water.

    I didnt know you were working again.....hmm me thinks I have been out of action too long and you not blogging enuff

    Take care my friend

    ReplyDelete