Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tears & Tantrums, and an Anniversary!

It's been a ridiculously busy week.  And somewhere in there, hubby and I celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary.  And how did we celebrate it?  We went to the school fete.  Ho hum.  And then had a fight that resulted in hubby going to bed early, and me drinking a bottle of wine whilst on the couch with a block of chocolate.  Oh dear!
Anyway, tensions have been high this week, and I have had more than a few days of tears & tantrums.  Unfortunately the kids have copped the brunt of it, and it has made me have a good hard look at myself and ask if I have been sinking back into the depths of depression.   I don't think so.  I am just currently feeling exhausted (still not 100% from the Vertigo) and extremely overwhelmed.  The kids after school activities are definitely taking a toll on my patience, and I just seem to have to be rushing everywhere & not have any time for myself.  It is extremely frustrating & making me VERY grumpy.  Discussions on quitting my job, and other alternatives have come up between hubby and myself (sometimes not very nicely), and we have decided today that perhaps we should get a fortnightly cleaner, just for a few hours to help ease the burden.  We'll give it a try & see how go!  Fingers crossed....
Anyway, Weight Watchers this week has been going great on the weekdays, but I went a bit overboard on the weekend with wine & food.  I did count ALL the points for everything that I ate & drank, which is something I haven't been doing, so that's one good thing to come of this week.  I have also managed to get on the xtrainer nearly every day.  And with my efforts came a loss of 1.9kgs this morning at my meeting.  Fantastic result, but I have to keep in mind the gain of 3.2kgs I had last week.
So now comes the big battle.  I'm not weighing in for 2 weeks due to the Easter holidays & us going away.  I have to keep up with the exercise - xtrainer when I am home, and we are taking our bikes away with us, so lots of riding planned.  I need to drink WATER at every opportunity, and TRACK TRACK TRACK even if I can't weigh everything I eat whilst away, I can estimate to keep my going.  And I need to keep away from the Easter egg chocolate & hot cross buns (my favourite dropping with butter!).
So, onwards & downwards......

No comments:

Post a Comment