Thursday, April 07, 2011

Back On Track

Well, I finally seem to be back on track & am stoked to report a great loss of 1.8kgs this week. After a few issues with my meal sizes earlier in the week, I am so happy I had a great loss & chipped a huge chunk out of that Bali gain. Only 2.8kgs to get to my pre-Bali weight!!!
Had a conversation with a girlfriend this week about food & exercise. This girlfriend had lap band surgery 2 1/2 years ago & has lost about 40kgs, but she can't get down to her goal weight. She never exercises & doesn't eat well, and she was quizzing me about my exercise habits & if I think it really helps with weight loss. I've thought a lot about this conversation since, and it has really enlightened me to how much I have learned through Weight Watchers, and even the tips & healthy lifestyle I am passing onto my children. I feel sad for her, as although she has lost lots of weight & looks great, she can't enjoy a lovely meal when she goes out due to the lap band restrictions, and she hasn't learned anything about healthy eating & exercise to pass on to her daughters who are also battling weight problems. Such a big shame, and perhaps they should look at introducing a mandatory course lap band candidates have to take about healthy eating & exercise!?!? How bloody fantastic is Weight Watchers!?!? I just can't rave on about it enough - it is just a real program for real people!!! Real people LIKE ME who enjoy lovely food!!!
Onwards & downwards.............

No comments:

Post a Comment