Unfortunately, my eating was atrocious! I had all the best intentions, and even made sure to pack lovely ham & salad sandwiches for lunch for the journey there (was also good to save money as well). However, after arrival at our apartment, hubby arrived back from the shop armed with icecreams for us all. Why couldn't I have said no to my Almond Magnum!?!? It all went downhill from there & here is a list of the BAD food I ate on the weekend...
- Almond Magnum (8 points!!!)
- 4 slices Margerita pizza
- 4 glasses white wine
- 3 small packs of chips
- Speciality meat pie
- Beesting pastry (filled with custard, cream & honey & topped with almonds!!)
- Bag of chocolate sultanas
- 2 pieces of Coconut Ice
I was so utterly disappointed in myself! I was tired and emotional from a terrible week of looking after a sick baby, but it was still no excuse!
I have realised today just how much I use food to make me feel better. I received some terrible news this morning that I may need to have more surgery to correct a clicking problem in my ankle joint, and all I wanted to do was sit down and eat (and cry too!). I was soooo very close to grabbing a pack of Chocolate Chip cookies I had bought for my son, but knew I would devour the whole pack, and yes, it would have made me feel better, for 5 minutes, but I still would be faced with the daunting proposition of surgery (and the scales at weigh in!!). Instead, I grabbed a bag of grapes & made myself a nice skim coffee.... very proud of myself (although those cookies were calling out my name from the cupboard!!).
So, I am expecting the worse at weigh in this week. Hoping I stayed the same, although I know I don't deserve that result. At least I didn't add to the gain by devouring some cookies today!!
Onwards & downwards.....

>
No comments:
Post a Comment