Have had the worst week on WW that I can remember since starting in April 2006. My bad ankle started playing up, and then my good foot got really painful with a condition called plantar fasciitis - an inflamation of the band of tissue that runs from the heel to the toes, common in women who have just had a baby, who are overweight, and who do walking or running as exercise! Yep, I'll tick those three boxes!!
So, for 3 days I was unable to even walk or wear shoes. I saw my physio twice & he taped the foot, but advised me exercise is out the window. This was not what I wanted to hear, especially 2 weeks before my ankle surgery and when I am travelling so well on the weight loss journey! And what I did I do - I overate, stopped the water intake, and stopped tracking my food completely.
I knew I was in for a gain (my home scales confirmed this!), so I didn't go to my meeting on Thursday. Sure, I had a physio appointment & the mother-in-law coming to visit, but I know I could have made it in time to at least get weighed (even if I had to miss the meeting), but I found all the reasons in the world not to go. And I can't begin to describe the guilt & disappointment I feel within myself. It's the first meeting I have EVER missed. I always make it a point to attend even if I expect a gain, because it gets me back on track again.
Anyway, I started afresh on Friday and have been struggling to keep within my points, but have finally got the "mojo" back. It's disappointing not being able to exercise, but if I can eat perfectly, then I should still be able to lose a little each week. I WILL DO IT!!!
Anyway, a great weekend foodwise for me, but unfortunately we've had a sick household with all 3 kids full up of colds. Have had baby Owen at the doctors today as he has a horrible cough, and I am sick with a runny nose & head pain as well. BUT I am still on track & guzzling down my water.
We have also bought a brand new PC, which is so very fast & makes everything more enjoyable. And I have started expressing milk to make sure the baby has enough milk when I have surgery next week - talk about leaving things to the last minute. I am going to have to express 1 - 2 feeds a day between now & then, and I am panicking about it! And don't want to even think about the surgery as I feel like vomiting when I do - the thought of having to go through all the pain & recovery again, as well as being on crutches is an absolute nightmare!
Anyways, I'm so happy within myself to be back on trackand I'm hoping this week that I have at least maintained my last weigh-in weight - I think it is a little too much to ask for a loss!!!
Onwards & downwards.....

>
No comments:
Post a Comment