Monday, June 12, 2006

12th June 2006 - 6 Weeks In



A photo of me with my daughter Paige when she started 3 yo Kinder - taken in Feb 2006. I couldn't find a more recent one as photos of me are few and far in between - I am too fat for my photo to be taken!

I have lost 7.5 kgs in 6 weeks and now weigh 124.4kg. I am absolutely delighted and have found the journey surprisingly easy! I think a huge part of it being so easy is that my husband is following the program and counting points with me. He is off to do the Kokoda Trail in PNG in 4 weeks time, so has been walking a lot (a 6 hour walk in the Dandenongs today), and he has dropped well over 20kgs in the last few months. He is an inspiration to me and we are keeping each other on track.
I think I have a whole new mindset in regards to losing weight this time. I know I HAVE to do it, and have just come to thinking that I WILL do it. No matter how long it takes, I am going to stick to Weight Watchers. And I am really loving it.
I found it challenging at first to be planning our meals all the time, but now I am enjoying all the cooking I am doing. Excercising was always going to be an issue since I am recovering from a broken ankle and leg, and will never be able to walk properly again in my lifetime, but I have found I absolutely love aqua aerobics and I am doing it between once & three times a week! It is definitely helping me to keep motivated and moving!
The other thing is, I am telling everyone I know that I am on Weight Watchers. I used to join up and not tell anyone, because I knew I would waver and stop going after a few weeks, and didn't want to be embarrassed, but I think that because I am telling anyone who will listen about it, that it is keeping me strong - I won't ever be embarrassed to tell them that I am not going anymore - because that is just not going to happen!
The Weight Watcher website is also terrific. I find counting points in the online planner so easy and enjoyable, because in the past I absolutely hated writing down my daily points. I also find the Message Boards a terrific source of inspiration, and check them out all the time.
My WW 5kg bookmark is displayed proudly on the fridge!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jules,
    Congrats on the blog, and on your weight loss, I also love looking to the message boards for inspiration, my husband says I spend more time online than I do with him! must have worked becasue I have also lost 6.4 in five weeks, don't know how I will go this week due to the cold weather and that I have had the flu since Friday, oh well, gotta keep moving, onwards and downwards!
    Mel

    ReplyDelete