Well it's been a month since my last post, which gives you an insight into my life at the moment. Busy and horrible. So, a quick summary & run down of what's been happening….
We went to the last 12wbt Finale party in Sydney. I had an extra long stay to catch up with my gorgeous girlfriends from all over the country. Feeling quite shattered that Ms Bridges has decided the 12wbt parties are to be no more. They were such a great way to end a round with catching up with all our friends from around Australia and celebrate, and to frock up & feel good about ourselves.
 |
| Me and my girls xx |
I started 6 weeks training in my new role at work - FULL TIME HOURS! Yep, just coming up to my last week of working 9am-5pm like a normal person does. And it absolutely has sucked the life out of me. The peak hour traffic is enough to make any person insane - leaving home at 7.45am & returning at about 6pm means I am missing out on the kids and I feel so out of control with what is happening in our home. I cannot even put into words how horrible this has been for me. Poor Greg has copped the brunt of my misery. And yes, many have said "welcome to my world" as that is what most people live. But sorry, no, I don't want to be welcomed to your world. I have 4 kids, and a home to run, and I'll stick to working nights & weekends thanks. One more week to go, one more week to go…..
 |
| Me & my bestie aka Mish |
Greg was made redundant from his job. Given the news & marched out the door the same day. It was a big shock to us, and the job market is terrible at this time of the year. But, it gives him the opportunity to spend time with the kids over the Christmas period & have a couple of months off before the job hunt continues in the new year. I also encouraged him to sign up to a PT course that he's been thinking about - perfect opportunity while he's not working to do something he will be great at. He's a natural born people person, and with his background of fighting obesity & becoming fit & healthy, who the hell wouldn't want him as a PT???
 |
| Greg and I |
We did the Ride to Conquer Cancer in Adelaide at the end of November. It was the last of the 6 RTCCs (Greg having flown over to NZ to take on that one in mid November) and it was tough. The weather was hot & the route was hilly, and needless to say my ankle didn't hold up well. Add to that my heel spurs have returned with plantar fascitis as an added bonus & I could barely walk, let alone ride. I did complete at least half of the ride each day, and I was okay with that. I could have pushed myself harder to do more, but I didn't want to risk any long term damage to my ankle & feet. It was great to ride over the finish line with the Vision Crusaders even if I did feel like a a bit of a fraud having only participated in 2 of the rides.
 |
| The Vision Crusaders reflecting before the last ride of the year |
We sold our caravan. We've had it on the market for quite a while, as we just aren't getting the use out of it we should be. We haven't had much interest until Summer hit us & BAM, we were getting enquiries all the time. The first people to see it bought it. Saddened it's gone now, but the cash will be put to good use!
Aidan turned 5! And he's off to school next year! WOW, where have my babies gone?? I have one starting primary school & one starting high school. Scary!
 |
| An excited boy opening his Birthday pressies. |
I signed up for the 12wbt for this round. I didn't think Michelle Bridges was making enough money. I started off well, but the wheels have fallen off
yet again. More on that in a minute.
We've had a personal trainer come and train us twice a week at 6am. Who's crazy idea was it?? In saying that, I am really enjoying it but my ankle is in really bad shape at the moment & I am struggling with pain. I just can't seem to get to the physio for treatment with working full time.
So, in a nutshell, life has been crazy busy & horrible for me. I'm looking forward to my Annual leave & rest between Christmas & New Year. We were originally going away to our caravan, but since we've sold it, we'll just be having some relaxing time at home with the kids.
 |
| This hair will go next year!!! |
I've decided that I will shave my head bald in 2014. I lamely put it out there this year that I would do it, but I've set my sights high and want to raise $15000 for cancer research in 2014. And when I do, I'll be going all the way! These locks will be going. I'm only disappointed that I can't donate my hair to wig makers for cancer victims because they don't take hair that has been dyed.
I've also decided that 2014 I will attempt to go alcohol free. I'm going to take it one month at a time, and see how I go. Alcohol (mainly wine) is my nemesis - I relish that quiet time in the evenings with Greg and a nice cold glass of wine. But as I've stated over & over in this blog, with the wine comes the mindless snacking on anything & everything, and I truly believe it is the thing that derails me from reaching any of my goals. It has to stop & so January 1st it will.

I will reach goal weight in 2014. I've had enough of this bullshit with being over weight. I have been slowly gaining weight and my clothes have been becoming tighter & tighter. I actually had to go out during the week & buy size 18 clothes! Devastating to me, but a good wakeup call. What's that saying - two steps forward, one step back? Time to turn things around & get back to being the role model I want to be for my kids, a happy wife for Greg and the fit & healthy person I was becoming not too long ago. It's time.
So bring on the fat man in the red suit & a brand new year! It's going to be a brilliant one, I can feel it in my bones. Let's get this party started!!!!!
 |
| Greg and I last night at my work Xmas Party. I think I have a "thing" for gold sequins. |
No comments:
Post a Comment