So, following on from my post this morning about "Choosing My Hard", let me give you a run down of my day, and how I chose my hard at about 12.30pm today.
I didn't get out of bed until 9am (God bless school holidays), and I stumbled out of bed to make myself a coffee. Breakfast consisted of a slice of left over pizza from last night's dinner. Not lovely homemade style pizza, but greasy kebab meat with garlic sauce pizza. I finished the pizza, and chased it down with another coffee, and a chocolate biscuit.
I then decided to "spoil" the kids and bought them McDonald's for lunch. I drove down and bought it for them. They love McDonald's. I don't. But when I saw the 4 year old's left over Chicken nuggets, I thought to myself "bonus" and chomped on one. Half way through, I decided enough was enough.
I chose my hard then and there. I have felt crap about my myself for the last week or so. To be honest, I felt pretty crap about myself in Bali as well, but I just washed that feeling down with another Bintang. It's the same feeling I had when I weighed 125-135kgs and couldn't look at myself in the mirror. Or when I did see myself, or saw a photo of myself, I felt disgust. That's the EXACT way I am feeling right now. Disgust. Disappointment.
So, I stood at the kitchen bench & felt guilty that I was making myself some ham & salad wraps for lunch, and here I was "treating" them to that shit food. They didn't need it, they didn't ask for it, I thought I was doing a good thing by them. An hour later, they were all hungry again. Of course. Shit empty food with no nutritional benefit to them.
So I had my yummy healthy wraps, and then decided to do some exercise. I set the new season of Survivor up to watch on the PC (lurvvvveee Survivor!!), and I got on the xtrainer. Oh, my beloved Xtrainer, how I love thee! And how dusty you have become of late with no one paying you any attention! 30 minutes was all I could handle with my daily nausea getting the better of me. 235 calories I would not have burnt if I hadn't of chosen my hard right there & then. And I will hopefully back this up with a stint on the spin bike later when not feeling so yuk.
This weightloss thing, this healthy eating & exercising thing, this staying focussed thing.... it's ALL in the mind. And I am strong. I can do this.
One day at a time. One meal at a time. One workout at a time. One positive decision at a time.
I've got this.
Onwards & downwards.....

>
You've got such a great attitude and outlook Julie. It truly is one decision, one meal, one HOUR at a time. Constant choices to be made day in and day out can be exhausting, but we're worth it. You chose your 'hard', I chose what I hate more - being fat or doing the work... I hate being fat more, everything else is temporary.
ReplyDeleteLeanne xox
http://thethinmewithinme.blogspot.com.au/
Jules what a raw post of emotion. I do think one moment at a time, beat that moment and then move on to the next, break it down like that, I've had to do that many times. You have got this mate, keep it up.
ReplyDeleteCarol
www.finding-carol.blogspot.com