Monday, July 27, 2009

On a Roll!!!

WOW, Cannot believe I haven't posted since April!!! So much has happened in the last few months! Firstly, I stupidly decided (after missing a couple of meetings due to Aidan having a couple of ear infections, and also Owen having a cold & tonsillitis) that I would be able to do WW Online & weigh in at home by myself. I KNOW that I cannot stick to it when I try to go it alone, so I don't know what came over me. Of course, my heart wasn't it, so I stacked on 3.8kgs in the 8+ weeks I was away from my meetings.
I have no one to blame but myself, however I was great at blaming the hubby. I used the excuse that he was just such a bad influence on me for those 8 or so weeks, but I should have had more will power! I suffered terribly with "Wine Flu" - every single night I was having a glass of wine once the kids were in bed, and with wine comes the late night snacks!
Anyway, we have a trip to Malaysia booked for October, and I refuse to go at this size. I told hubby I am cancelling the trip if I don't lose some weight. And finally he saw the light, so is following the Weight Watchers principles as well, although not tracking his points. Since he has started, I have found it sooooooooo easy! And even this last weekend, he had a few wines, and I didn't! I've found my will power & my mojo! WHOO HOOOOO!!
So, after starting back, last week was my first weigh in & I have lost 2.5kgs, and hubby has lost 2.8kgs. We're on a roll!! I am aiming to be 110kgs by Malaysia. I was 110kgs when we went on holiday to the Gold Coast and I found out I was pregnant with Owen. Of course I was still obese, but I felt fine about myself, and was comfortable getting into board shorts & a singlet top in the pool. So that's my aim for Malaysia - 110kgs & feeling good about myself!
In other news, our pergola is FINALLY finished & the outdoor cafe blinds are being installed as I type this. We've bought fantastic wicker outdoor furniture & a lovely outdoor kitchen. The playground/swing set is on lay by for the kids for Christmas.
Owen has given up his dummies (2 days ago) and it was easier than I expected. He's only asked for them once. Aidan is crawling!!! Commando style! Where's my baby gone!??!!? He has 4 large chompers now - not such a joy to breastfeed anymore! I am debating whether or not to wean him, but I would really like to hang out until after the Malaysia trip, as I think it would be easier & healthier for him to be breastfed rather than bottle fed there (although with the alcohol intake at the pool bar, I might have to rethink that!).
Also, my mum (who is 61) had a stroke a couple of weeks ago. She was in Queensland on a caravaning trip with my Dad, so it was quite a worrying & stressful time with not being able to see her. They should be home in a couple of days thankfully. Quite a scare for all of us, but just goes to show what 40+ years of smoking can do to you!
Anyway, feeling great & looking forward to dropping lots of kilos in the next few weeks. I am tracking every morsel that enters my mouth, and going well with the water intake. My goal for this week is to get some exercise done.
Onwards & downwards.......

No comments:

Post a Comment