Thursday, July 10, 2014

Excuse Me, Can I Have an Extension Strap Please

Well today I suffered the ultimate humiliation of the fat person.  Although we've just flown with Jetstar in the previous days, and I've been able to do up my seat belt, Air Asia airplane seats and seat belts accommodate an Asian sized person - that is, not an overweight person. My horror at the seat belt not doing up was turned to humiliation when I had to ask for a seat belt extension.
I remember celebrating last year (and taking a photo) of the huge overlap of belt I had when I travelled on a plane. My travel was comfortable. Unlike today when I felt squished into my seat.
It's the little things like this that make me realise how far I've slipped, and how much I want to get back to that fit and healthy person I previously was.
I am forever grateful for the 
love from my husband and kids, regardless of the size of me, but it's time to put a stop to this!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:50 am

    great to see you back at it! you got this. Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:49 pm

    How you doinjg Julie!! Go rock this, one day at a time. Lillian.

    ReplyDelete