Monday, October 06, 2008

49 Sleeps to Go!!

I can't believe I have been so lazy and haven't posted since August!!! Very slack indeed! So much has happened since then!

I have been booked in for my caesarian on Monday 24th November in the afternoon. Therefore, there is only 49 sleeps until Bubs #4 arrives! I can't believe it, and can't imagine how our lives are going to change with a newborn once again in the family. Oh, how I am going to miss my lovely sleep!!! My darling friend Chris is doing me the honour of coming in with me for the birth (since Greg can't due to his fainting problems!!!).

It will be interesting to see how Owen is going to react to the baby. He has become very clingy of late, and I don't think he will be happy to share his Mum with someone else! He turned 16 months old yesterday, and he is still not walking!!! He is quite happy to crawl along, and will stand when he wants to, but is showing no interest in walking at all. I guess he is so spoilt by his older brother & sister doing everything for him, that he doesn't really need to!

Callum has had the most amazing growth spurt the last few weeks. He is only 7yo but I have had to buy him size 10 t-shirts & size 8 shorts to fit him. He wore his summer school uniform to school today (the first day back after school holidays), but it looks like it has shrunk on him because he has grown so much!! He is now reading chapter books every night in bed, and is really enjoying it. It's funny to think he couldn't read when he started school last year, and now he is reading big long books. The kids definitely are growing far too quickly!

Paige has also FINALLY had a growth spurt. She is such a little dainty thing, and finally seems to be growing! She is such a great helper to me, especially with Owen, but her messiness drives me absolutely insane! She takes after my sister in that regard!

We have been busy house hunting, and made an offer on a gorgeous 4 bedroom house in Yarraville last month, however, we didn't trust the lying Real Estate agent (who was the biggest bitch I have ever met), so when she told us another offer was made against ours, we didn't believe her, so the house was sold to someone else. It was a terrible shame, as the house was just perfect for us in a convenient location. In a way I was glad the bitch didn't get any of our commission though!!!

So, we are back to the drawing board, and have been to about a hundred "open for inspections" in the last few months. There is nothing that suits us since we have very specific requirements - must be a single storey due to my ankle, must have 4 bedrooms, or if a 3 bedroom house then it must enough land to add a bedroom on, must have 2 living areas & at least 2 toilets. We would have to pay close to a million dollars for something that fits the description in the areas we prefer to live in, or we have the option of buying something huge in the area we live now, and pay cash outright without having a mortgage. We are currently weighing up our options & trying to decide what to do. Of course we are in no rush - the longer we take the more interest we earn on the money sitting in the bank!

And as for my weight, well I am not talking about it!!! I have 7 weeks til the baby arrives, and then I will give myself a couple of weeks before I go back to my meetings. I know I will be on Weight Watchers for the rest of my life, but am ready & raring to go!!! In 2010 I will be at my goal weight & loving it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment