Friday, February 16, 2007

Week 42 - I'm Sick... Boo Hoo for Me!!!

My weigh in days are on Thursdays, so on the scales I hopped yesterday, only to discover a gain of 1.8kgs. How this was possible I do not know - growth spurt of the baby? Scales misfunctioning? Fluid retention due to the hot weather & me consuming litres upon litres of water?? Anyway, weighed myself today (Friday) and it showed a loss of 200g (2kgs less than yesterday), which is a more realistic figure and the one I will be using, thank you very much!!!

Wednesday night at work I had the sneezes, and sure enough I woke up the next morning with a feeling in my throat like I was chewing razor blades, and sore sinuses. Hubby worked from home today and looked after Paige & did the school runs for Callum so I could stay in bed IN DAY! How it is possible to sleep ALL day & still need more sleep is something I don't understand. I am up just now for a shower, updating this blog & then heading back to bed. Managed to get to the Doc today who claims I have a sinus infection and gave me a prescription for some antibiotics that are safe during pregnancy. I have opted not to take them as I prefer to be drug free, just in case.

Forgot to mention that at my second ultrasound last week we found out we were having a boy! It wouldn't have really worried us what we were having, but at least now we can get a little bit prepared! I have already bought some little blue outfits, bibs, socks, etc - hopeless! I am really starting to look forward to having a little baby in the house again - the smell of the baby, the gorgeous little noises they make, the bond that you have when breastfeeding. Can't wait!! Only 15 more weeks to go!

Will get some fat tummy pics on here in the next week or so.

Onwards and downwards......

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:43 pm

    hi julie

    well done on the loss!!!! that is great.it all adds up and helps...

    hope your sinus is feeling better soon.

    cheers

    rach

    ReplyDelete